Songkran or the Thai New Year happens to coincide with Easter this year and the Buddhist temple in Miami had a big festival planned. Since these festivals are a chance for us to experience Thailand with out the expense and time of a trip halfway around the world we love to go.
Here are some pictures from the festival. We did meet a couple of our Thai friends at the festival and for some reason Karl didn't take a single picture of our friends. Maybe we'll do that next time.
Getting a New Year's Blessing
A small Songkran parade

Several children performed traditional Thai dances
Here's Karl and I
Thailand is going through some difficult times with their government so unstable. Let us hope and pray that this New Year will bring more peace and security to the Thai people.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Songkran in Miami
Posted by
Karl and Elizabeth
at
3:43 PM
Labels: Buddhist Monks, Songkran, Traditional Dress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
WOW-great site- I really enjoyed the pictures , thanks for brightening my day!!!!! Francis http://www.geothermalquestions.net
Thanks for visiting our blog! As you can see we haven't been back to Thailand for some time. We miss it though! Glad you enjoyed the pictures.
that's is so good photos . i rely interest on that thanks for sheering this photos :)
retouche de photos
Groupdmt - Thanks for visiting!
I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you .........
thanks
florida vacation home rental
Yvonne - Thank you for visiting our site. As you can see, it has been some time since we've been back to Thailand or even to the Miami temple. Life gets in the way sometimes. I'm glad you enjoy the pictures.
Post a Comment